Monday, September 6, 2010

Dessert Date

There is nothing I love more than dessert date nights. Tonight my husband Jordan took me to Momofuku Milk Bar, one of my favorite dessert spots in NYC. Momofuku Milk Bar works wonders with their ability to mix the sweet and salty combinations, in some of the most innovative and delicious ways. They are fantastic at preserving the textures of the key ingredients in their desserts. For example, the banana cake bite inside was light and moist and the cornflakes in the cookies still had their CRUCH when I bit into it. My favorite menu items are the cinnamon bun pie, grasshopper pie, and the cornflake-marshmallow chocolate chip cookie.





Candy Bar Pie
(chocolate crust, caramel, peanut butter nougat, pretzels)


Banana Cake Truffle
(banana cream, hazelnut crunch, gianduja fudge)

Cornflake-Marshmallow-Chocolate Chip Cookie

3 comments:

Marie said...

That candy bar pie looks like it's to die for. Yum!

Artsy Aut said...

There is an article in this months Bon Apetit magazine about Momofuku Milk Bar. Im jealous you went there, it looks so fun!

Lisa said...

This looks amazing! I want to go there when we come visit.